Hiking Trails & Beaches
Get back to nature on Point Lookout’s miles of beautiful hiking trails, open all year long! Trail maps are available at the Fitness Center front desk and the Welcome Center. The trails are not paved and have varying levels of difficulty and terrain. If you would like assistance on choosing the trail that is right for you, please contact the Fitness Center at 207-789-2011 we will be happy to help. All trails are equipped with emergency call boxes for your safety. We always recommend the walk back to Knights Pond, a five mile lake located on the back of our property, offering a quiet beach, swimming, and picnic area. To download a copy of our trail map, click here. Snowshoes can also be rented from the Fitness Center during the wintertime at a rate of $10/day.
- Pets must remain leashed while on trails and leave no trace rules apply.
- Trails are not patrolled or monitored. Please use the buddy system, stay on the marked path when hiking and check-in with the front desk of the Fitness Center before and after your hike.
- All public users (non Fitness Center members or mountain guests) are asked to pay a $5/party trail maintenance fee at the Fitness Center front desk.
- The trails close at dusk and open at dawn each day.
- The trails are closed during storms and severe weather events.
- There are no wastebaskets on the trails. Please carry out all trash and clean up after your pet.
- Be advised that some trails will bring you close to other cottages. Please be respectful towards other guests when hiking through occupied areas.
- Smoking is not permitted on any of the trails.
Private Beach on Penobscot Bay
All guests are also welcome to visit our private beach access and private park situated across Route 1 just below the south exit gate of Point Lookout. The park features bay access, a small picnic pavilion, charcoal grills, swing set and volleyball court. For an additional fee, the park may be reserved for exclusive use. Please check with the front desk or the fitness center to be sure the park is not in use by a private party.